Posted in Question and Answer Sites
WebAnswers is a question and answer revenue sharing site, where you can earn money just from giving your web answers to questions that people have. There are a lot of revenue sharing sites out there, and question and answer sites have quite a lot of popularity when it comes to making money online. WebAnswers is one of the larger and more established sites out there, and this article discusses how you can earn some money using WebAnswers. It is also a great place for you to build your authority and reputation as an expert in your niche.
Apart from building your reputation and brand, there is also a possibility of gaining some targeted traffic from the questions that you answer.
Here is an overview of WebAnswers with regards to the type of revenue you can expect to be earning, and what you need to do to earn it…
Revenue Earning Method: Google Adsense
Revenue Sharing Ratio: 60 / 40 (You get 60%, they get 40%)
Tasks Required: Asking Questions, Answering Questions
Making Money With WebAnswers
Making money online with WebAnswers is a simple process. There are some steps you will need to follow in order to begin, but once you have gone through that first stage, everything starts to pick up. The following steps are based on my usage of the service, and from my own personal knowledge. They also include some details to help you get started on their site…
01. First, you will need to sign up for a new WebAnswers account. After you have done so, confirm your email and fill in your profile.
02. You will first need to answer 10 questions before you can enable Google Adsense sharing for your account. Answering 10 questions is not too hard though and you will be able to finish it up with ease.
03. Once you have posted answers for 10 questions, you will be allowed to connect your Google Adsense account to your WebAnswers account. Your ads will then start to be randomly shown on the pages where you posted your answers, or asked your questions.
04. To earn money, all you have to do is to browse through the series of questions that are being asked by people on the site. Answer those questions, and your Adsense ads get a chance of being rotated through those pages.
05. When people click on your ads, you get to earn money. You can get your ads displayed by asking questions as well.
06. If there is more than one answer being posted for a question, the ads of all different users answering the question will be rotated. The ratio of rotation depend on your Quality Score.
07. Quality Score is determined by your overall performance, and how detailed and accurate your answers are. Short answers, spelling errors, and grammatical errors may cause your Quality Score to drop.
08. Answers have the chance of being chosen as the best answer to a question. If a users answer is chosen as the best answer, only that user’s Adsense ads will be displayed for that post from then onward.
09. It is in your best interest to get as many of your answers chosen as the best answer as possible. The best answers you get are referred to as your ‘Awards’.
10. For some questions, you may notice that the creator of the question has no intention of choosing a best answer.
11. For those questions, the Google Ads on those pages will continue rotating between the different users who have answered that question.
12. You may refer other users and gain a portion of the impressions that he or she creates on the site.
There are certain rules that you will need to follow in order for you not to get banned from the service, or even from Google Adsense itself. Some of the most important rules are as follow:
01. The answers or questions you post must be your own original content. No copying is allowed.
02. You may not click on your own ads or ask other people to click on your ads.
03. Don’t post bad or inaccurate information, on your Quality Score will suffer
Well, regardless of whether you are already making good money or no, it’s always good to diversify your income stream. Even if you are the type of person who only focuses on their own blog, it’s not uncommon for even self-hosted blogs to go down.
From what I can see, there are people on the site who are earning amounts in the range of $500 a month or more, just from some small side effort when they have the time. It is also not that difficult to get started earning some money if you are new to building online income streams, and have yet to earn your first dollar.
All in all, if you want to diversify your income stream, want an additional way to get paid for building your brand and your traffic, or are just a beginner who wants to earn a little bit of coin, then you might be interested in joining WebAnswers.